Monday, January 24, 2011

Into the Lions Den

Today was the day...  I had to make my stand, go to the source and try and ascertain the truth to the fact that I am making, and have been making child support payments.  I had to face the lions today!
When you have the integrity to face a wrong situation it can be a very stressful event. Even if it Isn't pleasant it was something that had to be done.  "I" had to take a stand and remedy this wrong, if not for the sole purpose of helping myself, but to help others who cannot help themselves.  I would imagine that my situation is not unique and that there are hundreds of other candidates who face the same problems I do; candidates that the Waukesha County Child Support agency are taking advantage of.  Just like Daniel -- the character in the Bible -- I have to stand for what is moral, right and just, even if I have to suffer some consequences.  In my experience, any time that a person faces or otherwise challenges the practices of a government entity there is always the possibility of suffering some harm or retaliation of some form -- just like Daniel...  So I approached the Child Support Agency with courage and hope -- hope that recognition would materialize, but the overall results of today's quest were very disheartening.

The problem is bureaucracy. Too many bosses and not enough workers!  Whether its because the child support workers' cases loads are too large and they simply can't keep up, or they simply do not care!  I believe that its a combination of both actually.  Its sad, really, when you attempt to make contact with government workers and you just can't seem to get a face-to-face with them - especially on little or no notice.  They're always out of the office or on vacation.  And you suddenly realize that they just don't want to talk to you when you ask to speak with their immediate supervisor and magically they are not in the office either.  Such was the case when I attempted to get answers to very serious questions today.  What it all boiled down to is that "I" had to ultimately swallow my pride, accept the nightmare of a bureaucracy that is in place, and take matters to the next level - hoping there may be some recourse available in that forum?  Unfortunately time was on their side, and they knew it too.